About Me

My photo
This blog is about my hobbies, my art and everything related to decorations for parties. I am a highly creative individual, with a passion for all types of crafts. I love beading, flower arranging, scrapbooking, cardmaking and many more, and I love to incorporate all this into the decorations I make for Birthday Parties, Baby Showers and other events. My favorite hobby is scrap-booking, I can spend hours playing around with stickers, papers, photos, ribbons, and 3D embellishments. Therefore, I love making invitations, and creating party favors and decorations for very special events. Take a look at all my creations on my Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/Creatingpartyfantasies

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WHOOOO is having a Party??

Here is another Party Theme that has become increasingly popular, OWLS. I love them so much I did my daughter's  8th Birthday with lots of them.  Somehow, I had no idea what her Birthday was going to be about, which is really strange for me because I plan her birthday and start buying things for it almost right after I finish cleaning up the Christmas mess. With everything on sale at the beginning of the year I go out shopping for the smallest thing, and BOOM!! I get inspired and start buying supplies for her next Birthday.
But this year was different, I planned a Birthday at "The Miami Children's Museum", we had never taken her there, and the place was great, I looked online and they provided everything, set up, clean up, balloons, food, and 2-3 hours of fun for the kids. I was really into it, until I read the themes they had, Princess, Pirates and something else I don't even remember. That won't do, Gabie was not into Princesses, has never been... What to do.... I called and asked if I could do my own themed party, I will only use their facilities, they agreed!!! YESSS!!!! I had the place for my self, now it was time to think of a theme...  With a museum in mind, I thought of owls because they say they are the wisest animals, and that was it!!


Of course with the limited time we had, we needed to make sure we had everything ready to get that classroom ready for a Birthday Party. Here is what I came up with...
Centerpieces were made with Fun Foam, the ones with the glitter, and the colors had to be bright, because the classrooms at the museum were all
painted like that.






























I wanted cupcakes because it was easier for the kids, but I wanted owls on the cupcakes, so I told my mom I wanted a tree to be the base and hold the cupcakes and have it full of owls and flowers. My Mom and Dad found the perfect tree trunk, painted it and attached the wired circles to put the cupcakes in. I decorated with lots of flowers, and then started making little owls as cupcake toppers!!!

My daughter and I had a blast making this little owls with the googly eyes!
They looked adorable on the cupcakes, and my tree ended up looking fabulous!!!


                                                     
























I did flower lollipops, which it was totally my daughter's idea, she wanted lollipops to stand in a flower pot filled with candy. I got to it, and came out with this cuties.Finally I have to say the kids loved the Museum, the service was excellent, the food was great, and I got to make my own decorations which is what I love to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment